Monday 10 November 2014

November To-be-read

I don't normally choose to do a monthly TBR, generally because I like to have freedom in what I read, but there are a few books that I really want to get through this month and I'm in a bit of a reading slump so I thought doing a TBR will make sure I stick to it... In theory anyway. 

Animal Farm by George Orwell 


You probably know that this book is about the Russian Revolution and Communism but represented through animals on a farm. 
This is the first book I want to read this month for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I think it's important to keep reading classics and feel like I haven't read any for a while. Moreover, I think that Animal Farm is a rather important book to read. Secondly, it is on the BBC 100 Books list which I am slowly working my way through. Finally, it's short and I need to boost up the books I've read to complete my reading challenge, especially since I'm a bit of a slump, plus I'm in the mood for it. Just Listen by 


Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


In short, this book is about a girl who goes from having everything she could possibly need or want (the friends, the looks, the clothes), to nothing. That is until she meets a reformed bad-boy and I'm sure we can all guess where it's going to go from there. 
Sarah Dessen's books are easy, quick reads which is exactly what I am needing right now to push through a reading slump and get through books quickly.

31 Songs by Nick Hornby


I started this book of essays about songs last month thinking I would find it interesting and discover a few song treasures along the way and that's what it started off being. But having no story-line, I found I couldn't read it just from start to finish without other books, so I put it down for a while and never picked it back up. I do really want to finish it though, so that's what I'm going to try and do this month.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas 


This is second book in the fantasy series, Throne of Glass which is about a female assassin. The first one was amazing (you can read my thoughts on it from my October Mini Reviews post here) so I can't wait to find out what happens next.

The Waiting Room by Alysha Kaye 


 This book is one I have been meaning to read and review since September. The author contacted me on twitter to tell me about it, and in her own words "It's about the possibility of an afterlife- being reborn with your soulmate". It sounds very interesting and unlike anything I've ver read before and asides from what I've mentioned, I know nothing about it so I am intrigued to see what exactly it's all about and what I will think of it.

Those are all the books I'm planning to read this month so far (well I've already read two of them but for the point of this post let's just pretend I haven't...). I hope you enjoyed this post and are having a good week so far. What books do you want to read this month?

Love Ellen xxx


Instagram: @bibliophile556

No comments:

Post a Comment